If you’re someone who bought Apple’s HomePod smart speaker, there are quite a handful of settings that Apple allows you to play with. However, while enjoying in the walled garden, there are certain aspects related to the ecosystem that you cannot change. Nonetheless, if you have purchased Apple’s smart speaker, you have the option available to change its name. Apple does allow you to change the name of your device that gives it a more personal perspective. You can do it on the iPhone, your Apple TV and more. Today, we will let you know how you can change the name of your HomePod.
Change Your HomePod’s Default Name In These Few Steps
By default, your smart speaker is named simply as “HomePod”. Renaming it would allow you to easily distinguish the device from others in the Control Center and other manus. The name you ought to give your device would also appear on several iCloud services in the Settings app, iCloud.com and more. In addition to this, the new name will differentiate your device from others of its kind. So it’s a pretty nifty feature to have. So here’s how you can change the default name of your HomePod.
- The first thing that you have to do is open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad or the iPod Touch. Be sure to note that your device must be running iOS 11.2.5 or higher for the process to work.
- Now long tap or 3D Touch on the HomePod.
- Once you do that, tap on the Details button located on the lower right-hand side of the display.
- Now tap on the default “HomePod” name situated at the top.
- Here you are required to enter the new name of your HomePod smart speaker.
- Once you do that, tap on done and you’re good to go.
That’s it, it’s this simple and does not require a lot of time. Do take note that it will take a few minutes for your new smart speaker’s name to fully sync with iCloud all your connected Apple devices and apps. There will be more to the tutorials, so be sure to stay tuned.
This is all for now, folks. What are your thoughts on Apple’s HomePod smart speaker? Is it fulfilling its intended purpose for you? Share your views with us in the comments.
Share Tweet Submit